Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ethos in "Us and Them"

Pink Floyd "Us and Them"

The ethos of a particular group has to do with the way they act and portray themselves to the public. So this article is more about the group "Pink Floyd" than their song "Us and Them." Pink Floyd released their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in 1967. Ever since then, they have been gaining massive amounts of followers? But why, what makes this group of stoner hippies so lovable and cherished? What draws people back, year after year, album after album? It may sound cliche, but it's the way they sing, with magic in their eyes and a fire in their hearts, that makes them so appealing to the masses. I've never been to a show, but my uncle who loves Pink Floyd has been to several concerts. He says the atmosphere and the vibe of their concerts is so genuine and welcoming that you are just glad to be in their presence. The ethos of "Pink Floyd" is so strong that just by looking at them and listening to them play, you feel this warm, fuzzy feeling inside you. My uncle once came back from a show and told me to always surround myself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, he said, surround yourself with people who see the greatness in you, even when you don't see it in yourself. To this day, that has stuck in my mind. You never think people could have such a profound effect on you, until you see it yourself. I'll take my uncles word for it, and say that Pink Floyd has a warm, welcoming ethos.

No comments:

Post a Comment